Thursday, August 30, 2012

Adventures in Coloring (hair, that is)

Lately my life has been a lot about change.  And the color purple.  My favorite color. 

Back in May, I had won tickets to Bobby Bones Second Chance Prom in Austin.  I was SO excited, as my senior prom sucked hairy monkey balls (I got food poisoning, if that gives you any idea, and I was forced to watch Steven Segal in "The Glimmer Man".  *shudder*).  I REALLY wanted to dye my hair purple for that night, but my stylist hadn't planned on it and didn't have the color.  I have held on to that want....but then I got a job outside of the house and it was frowned upon in a "professional" setting.  So I waited on coloring my hair.

Then Vocalpoint asked me to do a test on a new hair coloring product by Nice 'n Easy.  They released a non-permanent hair color, one that washes out in up to 28 washes.  I was excited because I knew I could finally do something drastic without having to totally commit to the color!  Since purple really isn't a color that they carried, I decided on blonde.  Afterall, it is the end of summer! So here's how it turned out...

The color I picked:
 
The results:
 


My thoughts?  Um, no.  My hair actually got a darker red (my hair is auburn as it is) than what it was before.  The price is between $5.88-$7.94 at the three stores I shopped at to find out what color I wanted (Walmart,Target, and HEB).  I am glad that this product was free--otherwise I would be requesting my money back.  :(

I was very unhappy with these results.  So after a week of sulking over my failed hair color, I went back to the store and got a new box, a different brand, a color I really wanted (closer to purple), and it only cost $2.94.  Here's how THAT went:


Needless to say, I am a much happier camper with THIS hair color--and it actually changed the color of my hair!!  :)  Sometimes, the less expensive product IS the better product!  Now, the non-permanent (non-color changing) hair color might work out for some people.  But for me, it didn't.  I personally don't recommend the Nice 'n Easy hair color.  Especially for the price!  There are cheaper coloring products that give better results.  Gee, if I had wanted to go blonde for cheap, could have used peroxide for better results!!  Oh, well--it worked out in the end!!

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment