Monday, April 8, 2013

It's been a long time...

I know it's been a long time since I posted.  Like, since I announced that I was having twins.  Things have been a tad busy since then, and everything else has kinda fallen off my radar.  So I will update as best as I can, without being long winded...

Well, I am officially 26 weeks.  :)  Also the size of a barn with my own gravatational pull!  The twins are doing wonderfully, and we now know that we are having a boy and a girl.  :D We are super thrilled that we are having one of each, and can't wait to meet them!  I especially can't wait for them to get here, as this pregnancy has been very difficult for me.   Ever since my 12 week appointment, I have been seeing both my regular OB and high risk OB every two weeks, a cardiologist every four weeks (but now I don't have to see the cardiologist anymore), and my regular GP doctor whenever I have an illness unrelated to the pregnancy. They are making sure that the surgeries haven't affected how well my cervix is holding up, that my heart is holding up for the three of us, checking me to with tests for preterm labor, and also watching the growth of the twins.  While sometimes it feels like I am always in a doctor's office, it's actually nice to be so closely monitored and lucky that I get to see my babies on the ultrasound so often.  :) 

Hubby's trip to China went great, and he had a wonderful time.  I, however, had a rough go of things, as morning sickness did not take a break while he was gone.  Trying to care for a super active toddler and being sick--it was a horrible combination.  Not to mention it was during the holiday season, when I was also trying to get up the decorations and plan for Christmas happening at my house.  Thankfully he got to come home a few days early, and I have never been happier to see someone in my life!  It made for a great Christmas.

 
 
The new year came and went, with me being super tired, and the doctors saying that Z needed to start going to school more often since I couldn't lift or chase after him like I used to.  I have been closely monitored by four doctors with this pregnancy; there is concern since I have had two surgeries for cervical cancer in the last two years.  I have been "resting" for a huge chunk of the pregnancy, and I have been quite surprised just how exhausting that can be!  Still, I haven't been officially put on bedrest, so I am happy with the current arrangement.  :)  I was not too happy with having to put munchkin in school five days a week (but only for half-days, I couldn't quite let go of the afternoons with him--I miss him too much!!).  He, however, is doing just fine with it, as he gets to go and play with his friends and run around and be crazy.  :) 
 
In February, munchkin turned the big 2! I had wanted to throw him a big party like I did last year, but I was way too tired and couldn't do something that I knew would stress me beyond all means.  This was also the case for hubby's 40th birthday, which fell at the end of February (but I'll get to that).  So for little one's big birthday bash, the grandparents, us, and Z all loaded up into our new minivan (now a necessity, seeing as we will have three kiddos in carseats under the age of 3) and drove north to a zoo that had been recommended by friends.  We had a great time--I rode in a wheelchair and Z in his stroller, and the family just wandered around looking at the different animals.  :)  Z loved it, as he loves naming the different animals and the sounds they make.  After the zoo we went to Outback Steakhouse (they have a great GF menu), and the birthday boy got his own brownie sundae.  :)
 
 
 
Hubby's birthday was even more low-key, as just the two of us went to a little bed and breakfast we went to for my birthday last year.  We had planned to go to Fredericksburg and wander around the shops, but my wandering days were over by then.  To top it off, both of us had sinus infections and colds, so our "big night away" consisted of us lying in bed with a box of Kleenex between us, watching movies and playing video games.  Yep, we were living it up!! It was nice to have a night away, but we were almost too miserable to enjoy it.
 
At my 21 week mark, I decided I wanted to have some maternity pictures taken, just in case I was unable to later in the pregnancy. Two sisters in my local mommy group had just decided to start a photography business, and I decided to give them a try.  I had wanted to do the pictures at the 20 week mark, but we had scheduling issues...you know how things go.  But I was pleased with how the pictures turned out, even though Z was doing his best not to cooperate!
 








 
Life otherwise has been relatively...normal-ish.  I continue to try to cook and do as much as I can, but it's getting harder and harder.  I was in the hospital for false labor two weeks ago, a scare that I don't want to repeat.  For that I was given muscle relaxers, and those tend to make me even more tired than I already am! And while I am extremely grateful to be able to have these two sweet (extremely strong) babies, I am more than ready to be done. Only 8-12 weeks left to go, and I am counting down!  I am hoping that I will be more vigilant about writing here, but I can't make any guarantees.  Just not as long between posts, I promise!  For now...I'm off to take a nap before munchkin comes home.  :)  Until the next time...
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment