Friday, April 27, 2012

Dinner Tonight--GF Sloppy Joe Casserole

I know, I know...I've been missing.  Why?  Because another wave of sickness has a grip on my household.  Munchkin brought home a cold with him, and he kindly shared it with the rest of us...actually hittng DH much harder than the rest of us.  Considering he doesn't ever get sick, he has officially been banned to the upstairs of the house so that the rest of us--who are almost well--don't fall back into the sickness cycle.  Z not only brought home the cold, but it turned into a double ear infection.  Unfortunately, we found this out when I had to leave town for a speaking engagement...which will be a different post.  :)  But now, I'll just share what we will be having for dinner tonight! 

This has also found rotation into our go-to meal selections.  It's easy, fast, and oh so good.  Plus, it brings back a meal that I haven't been able to enjoy since being GF.  I miss hamburgers a lot, and although I know that there are GF bread options (and my favorite recipe is in this post), it's not always the same. (Honestly, before I had to be GF, I wasn't much of a bread fan.  LOL!)  Still, I have fond memories of when I was a kid, having dinner with my family, and sometimes getting to eat some wonderful, messy sloppy joes.  Now, while this meal is not on a bun, it is pretty close to perfect in my book!

GF Sloppy Joe Casserole


1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. chopped onion, carmelized
1 can Sloppy Joe sauce
1 c. shredded colby jack cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. milk
1 c. Gluten Free Bisquick mix

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Lightly grease an 8x8 glass baking dish.  Cook beef and drain, add onion and saute together for a few minutes.  Add sloppy joe mix, and stir to combine.  Add cheese and stir til melted.  Pour into greased glass baking dish.  In a medium mixing bowl, combine GF Bisquick mix, eggs, and milk.  Stir until well blended.  Pour the Bisquick mixture over the top of the sloppy joe mixture and spread to edges.  Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until it is golden brown.

Hope you all enjoy as much as I do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment