Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Monday's Menu--Baked Chicken and Rice

Last night we had a wonderful gluten-free dinner of baked chicken and rice.  Most soy sauces contain wheat, making it off limits, but I have been really wanting to cook with soy sauce again. I have been keeping an eye out for some GF soy sauce when I went to the store, and this last trip I finally found it--buried behind some other sauces and not in the GF section. Then I had to find a recipe to use it in to test it out.  :)

I recently found a magazine on my iPad that has me thrilled.  It is called Delight Gluten Free.  I found so many recipes that I am just dying to try, but the one for baked chicken caught my eye.  Since I really don't like spicy things and Z doesn't either, I tweaked it a bit so that it would fit what we like.  Here's what we had:



Baked Chicken

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 c. margarine, melted
2 Tbsp. honey mustard
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. gluten free soy sauce (I used Gluten-Free Kikkoman Soy Sauce)
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Put the chicken breasts in a baking dish (I used 8x8) and set aside.  In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the margarine, honey mustard, honey, GF soy sauce, onion powder, and salt.  Bake for one hour.  Serve chicken over cooked rice.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment