Thursday, April 19, 2012

Last Night's Menu--Cheesy Pork and Rice Casserole

This was a surprisingly WONDERFUL meal that was also fairly quick to make.  Not to mention, both of my guys--big and little--loved it!! I can definitely see this becoming a go to meal for us.  :)

I found this in one of my GF magazines, but had to make some adjustments since I didn't have what they used on hand.  So I'll let you know what I used.  It will turn out great!!

Cheesy Pork and Rice Casserole

1 can Progresso Chicken Enchilada Soup
3/4 c. water
1 pouch Uncle Bens Boil-In-A-Bag Brown Rice (about 3/4 c.)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained
4 boneless porkchops, 1" thick
1 c. shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In an ungreased 9x9 baking dish, mix soup, rice, water, corn, and beans.  Place in pork chops and sink in a bit.  Top with cheese.
Bake for 45 minutes or until pork is done, and rice is tender. 

I served it with refried beans as well.  So good!!  Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to try this! We LOVE pork at my house!!

    ReplyDelete