Monday, October 1, 2012

A Very Happy Gal!

The holidays came early this year for me...my super sweet in-laws gave me the most amazing camera! My first DSLR! It's a Nikon D3100, and I love it! S far, I've gone around snapping pictures and not yet read the manual, but I'll get around to that soon. But I'm so excited about all the pictures that I will be taking once I learn all the ins and outs of this wonderful camera! Both hubby and his dad love taking pictures with their DSLRs, and we are planning on having a few picture scavenger hunts and "assignments" when they finish unpacking (more about that later).
So...here is my new best camera friend!





Oh...and there is a story behind the strap. It was my grandfather's camera strap that he had on his cameras from way back when. I have very fond memories of him with his camera hanging around his neck. When I was a senior in high school, he passed down his Canon camera to me, and with it was the strap. I have held on to both ever since then, and it only seems fitting to use it again now. :) I miss him dearly, and this actually brings comfort and a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment