Thursday, October 4, 2012

From Colorado to Texas, With Love


Last December, we moved for the last time (I really hope).  This house is what I consider to be my "forever home"--the last house I will live in.  I love it, and despite the few cosmetic changes that I am planning on making over the course of the next few years, the house is perfect for me and my family.  We have already started making the changes...the kitchen was the first place that we started.  The tile on most of the counters have been replaced, along with sink and faucet.  It was supposed to just be the grout, but it kinda blew up after a bit of work started.  :) 

Before (trying to clean the grout)
The destruction of the old
New tile!!
Backsplash and tile around range (which needs to be replaced--next on list)
New sink and faucet! :)
 
 
Ok, but this isn't what my post is about.  Although it does make me happy.  :)  But my point is, I don't plan on moving any time soon, and hopefully never.  My parents are a short three miles up the road--almost literally up the street.  Hubby's parents have lived in Colorado the past 30 years, and even tho D has been here since the late 90s, they had only seriously tried to move down here once.  Now, munchkin and I have entered the picture, and they have a more compelling reason to be close to family--and extended family on my side (aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, etc all are also close by in either the next city or up to three hours away).  So a few weeks ago they made the trek down here to do some house hunting.  It took only three hours to decide on a house and put in an offer.  Two weeks later--last Saturday to be exact--they officially moved a mere 1.3 miles from us, in our neighborhood!  Munchkin is thrilled to have his other grandparents so close, as he has gained two more happy playmates.  They, too, see their new home as their "forever home" since family is where home really is.
 

Their new home!
 
They are slowly getting settled in, and I know that is a process that takes awhile.  Despite being here for almost a year now, I am still trying to find things in boxes we have in the attic!  Looks like when the weather cools some more, I will be climbing back up there and doing some organizing.  :)  Lucky for my in-laws that the weather here has been quite mild and not the dreadful heat from last summer--makes the chore of moving just a tad more tolerable!  Plus there is the bonus of having all the family in a three mile radius, something that is invaluable!
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure coming again to construe these articles and blogs see it here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding blog you guys have preserved there, I totally valuate the effort. premium wordpress themes

    ReplyDelete