Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"Monday" Menu (a bit late!)--Pork Roast

I am still playing catch up from the weekend and yesterday.  Munchkin first had something bad to eat that really upset his tummy on Sunday, and he spent the night curled up next to me and very restless.  It made for a difficult Monday, since the tummy troubles stuck around til the evening.  Now...just dealing with more teething (and the same kind of diapers that follow *sigh*)!

That being said, Monday Night Menu turned into Monday Night Leftover Night.  Instead tonight I am busting out the roaster and making us a pork roast with roasted veggies.  It is another one of my go-to meals since I usually have at least one type of roast in the freezer, and I always have fresh veggies on hand.  The recipe I follow is in my head, not really a "recipe" as much as it is a "what-do-I-feel-like" kind of thing.  :)

Tonight, I feel like roasted pork loin with dill, carrots, and potatoes.  Mmmmm.  Yum. :)  Here's the plan:
Roasted Pork Loin with Veggies
2 lb pork loin
Salt and pepper
Dried dill to taste
6 carrots, peeled and chopped into 1" chunks
3 medium potatoes, chopped into chunks

Preheat the oven to 400 deg.  Spray down a roasting pan with olive oil spray.  Take the pork loin and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and dill. Place the veggies around the roast and sprinkle with seasonings.  Insert a meat thermometer into the loin in the thickest part, cover the roasting pan, and put in the oven.  Cook until the internal temp of the loin is 145 degrees (originally it was 160, but the FDA lowered this requirement in 2011 as seen here). I still cook mine to 160, but that is just a personal preference.

Now, it doesn't really matter what veggies that you use, or if you want to use a different seasoning.  It's all open to interpretation. This is what I have on hand tonight, and veggies that I enjoy.  So pick what you want, throw in the oven, and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment