Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday Tip for Toddlers

Z has discovered paper. He absolutely loves it...the way it crinkles, how the pages turn in a book, that it pops when pulled tight. But his favorite thing about paper is that it tears. Oh, how he loves to tear paper!!

Just a few days ago, Z also figured out a new skill. He figured out how to take everything out of a container, and then to out it all back in. It started with his blocks, and then moved on to my laundry :)





So I thought about a way to combine his new love of paper with his new skill of sorting. I remembered that when I was younger we would make "mailboxes" out of shoeboxes for Valentine's Day mail in elementary school. I figured that it would work fine now, just for a play mailbox. I found an old shoebox in my closet and got to work.

First I got the box and marked the area to cut the slot.









Then I cut out the slot with scissors...I couldn't find my box cutter. I do suggest you use that instead! My scissors were a bit dull, and made the process a little more difficult.






Then just put the top back on the box, and decorate it if you wish!






Z was impatient to play with his new toy, so I didn't get to really "decorate" it much more than what you see. Oh, well! He already is having fun with his mailbox!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment